These shots were taken in Raton and Albuquerque, New Mexico on May 19th, 2016.
© Ryan M. Conway
- Raton Pass had some wildfires a few years ago, and you can see the burn areas on both sides of the interstate.
- Raton has really great signage from decades past (Motel Cafe Capri, Crystal Cafe, El Kapp Motel, Texan Motel).
I-25 (between Raton & Albq.)
- Really amazing sky with clouds between Raton and Las Vegas, New Mexico.
- Took a photo of "The Downs" just south of Santa Fe. The Grateful Dead played here in 1982 & 1983.
- Desert Sands Motel signage, Central Avenue.
- Hiland Theater, Route-66, Central Avenue.
- IRS & DMV Bldg, San Mateo & Central Avenue.
- Humanities Building and the Moon, University of New Mexico
My random thoughts & ideas