Watertower played a rocking' set of songs at Devil's Head Distillery in Englewood last night. They performed some old originals, some new originals, and some cover songs, all of which were great! If you get a chance to catch attend the FIBArk Festival in Salida, definitely check them out.
Here is some footage of 3/4's of Watertower aka (Jugband Xmas) getting ready for their upcoming shows. You can catch them Saturday night at Devils Head Distillery. Here's a link to their website: www.atthewatertower.com
Jugband Xmas recently made an appearance at Dubb's open mic, getting ready for some upcoming shows. You can catch them this Saturday at Devils Head Distillery in Englewood.
This new Federal Courthouse is definitely a hybrid of various styles, but I believe it has some very strong brutalist qualities to it.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
© Ryan M. Conway
This is the John B. Robert Dam in Albuquerque, New Mexico, which was a location in the Breaking Bad series. There's a couple of shots from the top of the dam so you can see what's behind it. I started to experience a mild case of vertigo when I was on this structure, so I scrambled back down.
These shots were taken in Raton and Albuquerque, New Mexico on May 19th, 2016.
© Ryan M. Conway
- Raton Pass had some wildfires a few years ago, and you can see the burn areas on both sides of the interstate.
- Raton has really great signage from decades past (Motel Cafe Capri, Crystal Cafe, El Kapp Motel, Texan Motel).
I-25 (between Raton & Albq.)
- Really amazing sky with clouds between Raton and Las Vegas, New Mexico.
- Took a photo of "The Downs" just south of Santa Fe. The Grateful Dead played here in 1982 & 1983.
- Desert Sands Motel signage, Central Avenue.
- Hiland Theater, Route-66, Central Avenue.
- IRS & DMV Bldg, San Mateo & Central Avenue.
- Humanities Building and the Moon, University of New Mexico
The Humanities building
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
1974 / W.C. Kruger and Associates
photo credit: © Ryan M. Conway
They Key Savings & Loan bank building in Englewood, Colorado was built in 1965. It was designed by Charles Deaton, the same architect that designed the "Sculptured House" along I-70 which is featured in Woody Allen's Sleepers movie. He is also known for designing the futuristic Wyoming National Bank building up in Casper, Wyoming.
My random thoughts & ideas